Freelance Technical Writer
Technical Writer — Construction Industry – Work from Home — Hourly Rate or Monthly Retainer Fee
Newly Created Position
Working independently and in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), this writer can create and update technical documentation.
Researches and fully understands the products being documented.
• Ability to establish standards and processes.
• Experience working within cross-functional teams (analysts, testers, developers, and writers).
• Ability to produce customer documentation with a minimum of detailed requirements documentation.
• Develops and integrates graphics with deliverable documents.
• Synthesizes content from disparate document sources from multiple authors into a single deliverable.
• Performs job tasks such as editing copy, formatting, or converting documents.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Technical Writer.
• Excellent command of English language.
• Ability to research and convey technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with peers and Subject Matter Expert (SMEs).
• Expert knowledge of industry standard technical writing tools (Desktop Publishing tools, Acrobat, and so on).
• Knowledge of construction industry is an asset.
• Experience documenting user interfaces
• Good understanding of file management.
• Highly developed knowledge of style guide principles.