Full-Time Technical Support Representatives
• Exceptional customer focus with an emphasis on enhancing the customer experience
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls in a structured environment
• Proficient in Windows-based computer skills
• Previous Call Center Experience required
At Home Representatives are responsible for having access to the following minimum technical requirements for work in this position:
• Minimum computer requirements:
§ Desktop or Laptop PC (No Macintosh computers)
§ 1GHz processor
§ Windows XP or Vista operating system
§ 1GB of RAM
§ Sound card and speakers
§ 15″ monitor
§ Webcam with video conference software
§ Windows Internet Explorer 7
§ Java Runtime Environment 1.4.2
§ Cisco VPN Client (software provided by teleNetwork) which does not run natively in any 64-bit environments
§ Virus and spyware protection software and a working firewall (Windows firewall is fine)
§ Additional software programs which may be required including Adobe Acrobat reader.
• Minimum network requirements
§ Broadband Internet connection (DSL and cable but not satellite, dial-up and wireless. A wireless network inside the home is allowed for the computer but not for the IP phone)
§ Power over Ethernet switch or other device capable of powering the Inter-tel 8622 IP keyset (which is a Low-Power 15.4W IEEE 802.3af device)
• You are responsible for maintaining a computer and network sufficient to provide an excellent customer experience equivalent to one that is provided normally within our call centers.
At Home Representatives must meet the following physical/logistical requirements for “at home” work in this position:
• Dedicated space with adequate work surface.
• Work area must be free from background noise and distractions
• Live in Texas
You will be sent equipment needed to fulfill your daily duties. Equipment consists of a VoIP phone, headset, quick-connect cable, and software. You will be fully responsible for this equipment. The cost of any damages or loss of equipment will be docked from your next paycheck. The amount docked will be:
a. VoIP Phone – $175.00
b. Headset – $60.00
c. Quick-connect cable – $15.00
You will be an on-call tech. When the call volume warrants, you will be contacted by a supervisor to take calls on your provided VoIP phone until you are no longer needed. If you fail to answer or deny the supervisor 4 times, you will be required to work in the office from that point forward.
You will be held to the same standards as in-house techs. You are expected to read and abide by the policy handbook. Any violations of company policies will result in the same actions as stated in the employee handbook.
If for any reason your employment is ended it is the responsibility of the employee to delete all provided software and return all provided equipment within 7 days of the last day of employment. Failing to do so will result in your last paycheck being docked the full amount for all provided equipment.