Full-Time Head of Marketing
Working At Aetna — the Value To You
What does it mean to work at Aetna? A lot. From programs and benefits that support your financial, physical and emotional health to opportunities to build your knowledge and expand your career, the company makes working here a valuable experience in many ways.
* This is a full time Work at Home opportunity.
BUSINESS OVERVIEW: Hospitalist Solutions is housed within Aetna’s Emerging Businesses, a quasi-independent division of Aetna created in 2011, to acquire and build a portfolio of new, non-insurance businesses that complement the company’s core products and services. The Hospitalist Solutions business, launched in 2012, seeks to empower hospitals to deliver the next generation of acute care, by equipping hospitalists and transitional care managers with comprehensive patient information, tools to optimize inpatient care, and technology that facilitates seamless patient transitions. With ongoing payer and government-initiated payment reform (e.g., bundled payments, accountable care organizations, and Medicare penalties for readmissions), hospitals are looking for ways to drive greater value from their hospitalist programs. Hospitalist Solutions aims to better position hospitalists to deliver more efficient, lower cost and higher quality patient care in the post-health care reform environment. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for the strategic direction, management, and overall development of the Hospitalist Solutions account management team.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Head of Marketing for Hospitalist Solutions will be responsible for the creation and execution of a marketing strategy to drive the health IT start-ups growth goals and sales targets. With the full commercial launch expected in early 2013, they will also be expected to build and lead a first-rate team of marketing professionals and collaborate with product, sales and others across Emerging Businesses to drive results.
- Develop marketing strategy to include product positioning, value proposition, customer segmentation, and key market differentiators for Hospitalist Solutions.
- Build, manage and develop a marketing team of experienced professionals who can quickly execute on goals and objectives.
- Build a market research program to include qualitative and quantitative analysis on competitors and trend monitoring in the physician and hospital landscape.
- Develop and launch all marketing materials to support client growth and retention, including brochures, website, sales presentations and lead generation programs.
- Develop a strategy to advance Hospitalist Solutions as a thought and market leader.
- Plan and administer the marketing operations budget.
- Develop tools and reporting to track the efficacy of marketing activities.
- Provide marketing support to sales team and distribution channels.
- Collaborate with Emerging Businesses and Aetna marketing on public relations, stakeholder engagement, conferences and trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA desired.
- At least 5 years of experience in a healthcare-related field; Experience with physician and/or hospital products and services, Health IT (HIT), Health Information Exchange (HIE), Clinical/Financial Decision Support, Analytics, or Care Management.
- 5+ years of marketing experience at the director level.
- Experience bringing new products to market, particularly in a start-up organization.
- People and budget management experience required.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Professional drive, energy and enthusiasm that inspires and fosters teamwork to achieve peak performance.
Please note that benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.