Full-Time Audit Consultants
Precyse is a leading, national provider of Health Information Management services and technologies. Health networks, hospitals and physician groups utilize our services to solve a wide range of HIM issues related to physician satisfaction, quality of care, revenue cycle management, and compliance and EHR enablement. At this very exciting time in our history, with unprecedented market drivers sparking change throughout the healthcare industry, we are seeking an experienced Audit Consultant to join our team of respected professionals. This is an opportunity to work remotely, from a home office.
Why work for Precyse?
Our Colleagues are highly respected as experts in their field. When you work with Precyse, you are working with some of the best and brightest in the industry! Our team of professionals work together to support Hospital HIM Departments and our Senior Leadership team is comprised of tenured thought leaders in their respective fields. It is an exciting time to work with Precyse! Our involvement with ICD-10, our proprietary technology and success with our client hospitals has propelled our growth. We are working with some of the largest hospital systems in the Nation assisting them with the ICD-10 Education of their staff, the implementation of technology and the people needed to achieve their goals. We provide ongoing support and education to ensure your success!
Our commitment to you: Precyse University, 24X7 technical support, comprehensive benefit package, work from home and travel opportunities, computer equipment provided as needed, a highly accomplished management team, Colleague recognition programs and competitive compensation.
The Sr. Auditing Consultant accurately examines and evaluates the medical record and health information by performing hospital inpatient, and/or hospital outpatient, and/or physician coding.
- Performs inpatient, ambulatory surgery, emergency room, other hospital outpatient visits, and/or evaluation/management coding reviews
- Working knowledge of reimbursement systems (MS-DRGs/ AP-DRGs/APR-DRGS/APCs/RVRBS)
- Performs educational services to clients based on audit results
- Acts as liaison with client HIM Department contact
- May have the opportunity to mentor other new consultants
- Utilizes a laptop computer in a virtual office, windows-based environment
- Utilizes various coding books, procedure manuals and on-line encoders as a resource
- Must be customer-service focused and exhibit professionalism, flexibility, dependability, desire to learn, commitment to excellence and commitment to profession
- Conducts peer reviews to ensure compliance with coding guidelines and provides reports to manager as directed
- Maintains strict patient and physician confidentiality and follows all federal, state and hospital guidelines for release of information
- Maintains current working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding principles, government regulation, protocols
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS/P or CPC
- Associate’s Degree in relevant field preferred or combination of equivalent of education and experience
- 3+ years coding of experience including inpatient and/or outpatient coding skills as well as ambulatory surgery, APC, emergency room, evaluation and management, auditing, report-writing expertise, required
- Preferred coding skills: prospective payment methodologies, physician office billing
- Ability to consistently code at 95% accuracy and quality while maintaining client specified production standards
- Must successfully pass a coding skills assessment
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9-CM and/or CPT-4 codes